Can a baseboard heater cause a fire?There are two types of baseboard heater one is an electric baseboard heater and the other is a hot water baseboard heater. There is a high risk of catch fire in the case of an electric baseboard heater compared than a hot water baseboard heater
Why does baseboard heater catch fire?
Placing combustible things too close to the baseboard heater may cause a catch of fire. when you place the things like a curtain, coaches are too close to the heater it blocks the airflow. It may create some high amount of heat that’s why the baseboard heater catch fire.
Can baseboard heaters catch curtains on fire?
In the case of electric baseboard heater has a high risk of catching fire. When you place a heavy and long curtain too close to the baseboard heater it may create fire on the curtains. Make sure your curtain is placed 12 inches above the baseboard heater.
Can hot water baseboard heater cause fire?
Hot water baseboard heaters are run at a very lower temperature. So there is a small amount of risk catch of fire compared to the electric baseboard heater. Make Sure your curtain and other objects are not much close to the baseboard heater.
How to be safe with baseboard heater
- Make sure to leave a space around the baseboard heater to avoid fire.
- Make sure to keep your curtains and other flammable items placed 12 inches abov the baseboard heaters.
- Make sure your curtains are short and far enough from baseboard heaters.
- Don’t place the heater in the wall which is covered with wallpaper.
- Do not use gasoline or other flammable materials near the baseboard heaters.
- Make sure you don’t block the airflow around the baseboard heater.Any object that blocks the airflow is flammable which is must place 6 inches away from the baseboard heater.
- Make sure your heaters are always placed on the wall 8 to 10 inches in height and 2 to 8 feet in length.
- Be focused on the thermostat control. Make sure only one thermostat controls the heater.
- It’s necessary to clean your baseboard heater regularly. Removing the dust from the heater is a much more important thing to avoid any fire-catching problems.
can curtains cover baseboard heat?
Can pex be used for baseboard heating