Can you use a tankless water heater for baseboard heat?Yes, You can use a tankless water heater for baseboard heat. It’s possible but it’s inefficient so think before you use a tankless water heater for baseboard heat and it can only applicable for small house.
What is tankless heater?
A tankless water heater is also known as an instantaneous water heater. It heats the water instantly.
When you turn on the hot water faucet water travels through the heat exchanger the electric element in the heater heats the water instantly. A tankless water heater provides 2 to 5 gallons of water per minute it’s based on the tankless water heater you use.
What size tankless water heater do you need?
You’ll need a tankless water heater that produces 60-degree temperature and 5.2 gallons per minute
Tankless water heater Vs boiler
A water heater with a boiler can heat the water by using a gas burner but in the case of a tankless water heater heats the water instantly instead of storing it in the boiler.
Is it good Idea to use tankless water heater for baseboard heat?
It’s not a good idea to use a tankless water heater for baseboard heat.
The water on the demand system sets for a short period but if you heat your house you need a longer period demand system, So it can’t heat your house long period.
Normally baseboard heaters need 140F to 180F. But in the case of tankless water heater run the lowest amount of temperature. So it can’t heat your room as much as you think.
Yes, you can use a tankless water heater for baseboard heat. But it’s inefficient. It can only Heat a small area so it’s not helping to heat your whole house. So before you use a tankless water heater for a baseboard heater check the all above things which I mentioned above.
- Can you use wood for baseboard heater covers?
- Can you clean baseboards with bleach?
- Can you leave baseboard heaters on all the time?
- How can i lower my electric bill with baseboard heat?
- Can you convert baseboard heat to forced air?
- Can you block baseboard heat?
- Can i paint baseboard covers?
- Does hot water baseboard heat use electricity?
- Can a baseboard heater cause a fire?
- Why does my baseboard heater make a banging noise?
- can curtains cover baseboard heat?
- Can pex be used for baseboard heating